Tullahoma Apartment Fire Displaces 11 Families

Apartment+Fire+001

A Tullahoma apartment complex fire has displaced 11 families just before the Easter Holiday. A suspect ground floor heater malfunction may have caused the fire outbreak at Country Club Apartments off College Street. Police arrives to clear residence from the building which contained 16 units and the apartment’s office. Fire Chief Richard Shasteen says interior wood framing and lack of fire walls hampered efforts to contain the blaze. The Tullahoma News reports firefighters were at the scene for some 3 hours, and used thermal cameras to detect hot spots. Shasteen says the building suffered smoke, fire & water damage, but can be repaired. The Red Cross is working to help displace tenants. Another apartment building was destroyed by fire some 10 years ago.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s